GoldFax Server - Technical Requirements
GoldFax software is thrifty on resources and delivers high performance. It does not require a dedicated server.
The number of fax lines you need is dependent on your fax volume - inbound and outbound, and if you have "crunch times" where a large number of faxes need to be sent or are expected in a short period of time. A single fax line can be expected to handle a minimum of 500 pages per day if the workload is balanced across the day.
Fax modem - PCI or PCIe
Your fax board decision on number of fax lines (channels) also requires that you know what type of slot is available in your server - PCIe (express) or PCI. Older servers may use the PCI-X (universal) full size board.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2003 or Vista, Windows 7, XP desktop
- 250 MB of available disk space, minimum 1 GB memory
- .NET 2.0 or above
- Microsoft IIS on the GoldFax Server
- Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP
- File and Print connection to GoldFax Server
Fax from Email Gateway - Exchange Connector
- Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2007, 2003
- Create a standard SMTP Connector in Exchange that points to the GoldFax server with Address Spaces that are internal names for fax addressing. For example, GFax.com.
- GoldFax Server must be a member of the same domain
Fax from Email Gateway - SMTP
- Lotus Domino or any POP3/SMTP email server
- The GoldFax Fax From Email Gateway consists of a small email SMTP server that accepts email fax messages. Any emails addressed to nnnnnnnnn@GFax.com will be intercepted and routed to the GoldFax Fax From Email Gateway SMTP Server.
- Alterntively, create a GFAX mailbox in your email server. Fax messages sent to that mailbox are collected by GoldFax via POP3.